Jasper Public Works

If problems occur after hours, dial 911 if it is an emergency. For non-emergency after-hours calls listen to the menu and press the number which will direct you to the person on call for after-hours problems.


WATER DEPARTMENT – Jayson Poole, Water Operator
SEWER DEPARTMENT – Dean Dunlap – Sewer Operator

The City of Jasper purchases water from Ozark Mountain Public Regional Water Authority (OMPRWA)
which provides water to nineteen cities/regions throughout the area. Drinking water reports will be
posted on this website from time to time to provide consumer information. Arkansas Department of
Health(ADH) oversees water provider systems.

Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ) monitors all sewer systems in Arkansas. Jasper
has 195 residents and businesses on its sewer system. An Ordinance requires that all businesses and
organizations who prepare and serve food on an ongoing basis have a grease trap in place that Is
cleaned and reported to the assistant city clerk on a quarterly basis. Fats, oils and grease (FOG) create
problems for the sewer system and residents are asked to discard with trash rather than washing into
the sewer system.

The City of Jasper covers .56 square miles with a street system that evolved around residences when the
city was first established. The City works through sectors periodically mowing, weed eating, cutting
brush, picking up debris, etc. The streets will be cleared of ice and snow during the winter and a
schedule is in place to clear those streets where residents with known medical problems live, where
access is necessary for care givers such as the Newton County Nursing Home and at the Newton County
Senior Center which is a designated Emergency Shelter. Arkansas Highway Transportation Department
cleans and maintains Highway 7.

Ordinance 2010-3- 801 requires that high grass, weeds, debris, non-working vehicles and equipment be
removed and that property be maintained. Ordinances 2011-2- 101 is a leash law for dogs in the park
2011-2- 101 requires that dogs must be on voice command or a leash throughout the city.

Your Annual Drinking Water Quality Report is available at: www.healthy.arkansas.gov/eng/ccr/397.pdf
Copies are also available upon request from our office at City Hall: 870-446-2633
You can also click on the following link for a copy of the report: doc00305720170425122008

Public Works Gallery